Monday, November 17, 2008

Finding the beat

I'm on the commission and general assignment beat for the city desk at The Alligator, and adjusting to the task has been interesting.

I'm currently at a Community Redevelopment Agency meeting, trying to understand the jargon, identify the people and disseminate the information.

Perhaps more challenging than that was actually getting here. For some reason, I had it set in my mind that City Hall was actually across the road, so I spent a bulk of time circling the block, then eventually parking and wandering in my heels, tripping over my trousers and heaving my laptop. For a little girl, no small task.

Hopefully, now that I'm in the press room, connected to internet, and at least looking the part, things will be a little seamless.

If not, I'll still figure it out. :)

No comments: