Saturday, March 28, 2009

Crossing the Line

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/27/technology/internet/27twitter.html

Seriously?

I know I need to suck it up and move on, but I don't get Twitter. I'm not a fan of the concept; the thought of having my every action recorded for others' knowledge pains me.

Not only is it happening, it's expected now for celebrities and other well-known personalities to do so. If you read the article I linked up top, it talks about celebrity twittering, or at least twitters on their behalf.

You see, 50 cent doesn't have the time to send updates every two minutes, so he has someone doing it for him (probably best-- I can only imagine the profound twitters 50 would make). So does Obama. And Britney.

The entire purpose of this Web site, though, is to gain a new level of intimacy with these people. Don't you lose that if they aren't doing it in the first place?

No comments: