Saturday, December 20, 2008

Benjamin

Some people have crushes on Johnny Depp. Certainly, the current following is foaming at the mouth for a certain teenage vampire. (What type of name is Edward Cullen, anyway?)

These trends will pass, but my love for Benjamin Franklin is eternal.

That's right. I have a big, fat, history crush on the ultimate Renaissance man.

It started when I was about 15. I was in English class, we were studying the literature that was first coming out of the United States, and we worked our ways to the Franklin days. I haven't really left it since.

I know it's amusing. I just love what I read about him! He is the most well-rounded individual, and his humor has survived HUNDREDS of years! How cool is that? I mean, I don't even know if I can properly communicate and be funny over my writing, but you can almost see the twinkle in his eye when you read his musings. Genius.

So let me have my crush. It sure beats the hell out of the Jonas Brothers.

No comments: